Thread Started by #suprio-tarafder

I worked for a top MNC for 3 and half years. After moving out of the company I requested them for form -16 of the year when i joined the company. Dropped an email to their exit help desk, talked to them many times but no positive outcome. Hence planning for legal steps. Could anyone please help me on this?
12th July 2018 From India, Gurgaon
The Income-Tax Act instructs that employers should issue the TDS certificate on or before June 15 every year, right after the financial year comes to an end when tax deduction happens. Failing to issue Form 16 to employees after TDS has been made can result in consequences where the employer will possibly face a penalty of Rs 100 every day until the certificate is issued.
Probably you can complain to your Tax assessing officer that so and so company where I worked and TDS was deducted is not issuing Form 16.
12th July 2018 From India, Pune
Most of the Data appearing in Form No. 16 is reflected in Form No.26AS. Why can't you use this data from Income Tax website against your PAN Number. This is sufficient for filing IT returns.
For what purpose you would require Form No. 16 apart from above?
13th July 2018 From India, Mumbai
For filing IT returns, you have to upload part B of Form 16 which indicates salary and deductions under sec 80C etc.
Form 16 is required to file IT returns correctly.
Employer is mandated to provide form 16 and he needs to comply with IT act.
13th July 2018 From India, Pune
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™