Dear sirs, May I know the procedure for applying/claiming the Gratuity amount. I simply send an email to the employer requesting to pay the gratuity amount. Is this enough or any other forms may I need to fill up and send. Kindly give your valuable suggestions please.
From India, Hyderabad
Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Executive Secretary

A mail is sufficient from employee's side because as far as payment of gratuity is concerned it is the responsibility of the employer to pay the amount even if the employee has not claimed it. However, there is a formal form (form I) which can be submitted to the employer. Please find the attached form.
From India, Kannur

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Gratuity Form I.doc (29.0 KB, 143 views)

Dear sir, After sending 3 to 4 emails, the CEO of the company has given a reply that the Gratuity amount will be paid in 2 EMIs. But now he has resigned from his post. I have contacted the Director of the Company and he said after two months he will see the matters as there are no funds presently. I came to know from reliable sources that they are merging the existing company with some other Company. Can you guide me sir about what steps I have to initiate.
From India, Hyderabad
Now you may send a letter to the Labour Officer/ Dy./ Asst.Commissioner , whoever is the appropriate authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act under your state rules, asking him to intervene. The format of the letter is attached for your reference.
From India, Kannur

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Gratuity Form N- seeking intervention of Labour Officer.pdf (76.0 KB, 61 views)

Sir, Thanks for providing valuable information. Before bifurcation, the Company's Registered Office was at Hyderabad. After bifurcation of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, they have changed the Registered Office from Hyderabad to SPSR Nellore District, Andhra Pradesh, by keeping Hyderabad office as Corporate Office. I used to work in Hyderabad Office since from 2012 to 2018. May I have to approach to the Labour Officer at Nellore or the Labour Officer at Hyderabad. My work location was Hyderabad. Sir, please suggest.
From India, Hyderabad
If you have offices in different states, the approrpriate authority will be Asst Labour Commissioner (central). You may approach the Hyderabad office of Central Labour Commissioner.
From India, Kannur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server