Partner - Risk Management
Management Consultancy
+1 Other

Thread Started by #Anonymous

What happens if I have been booked under 70b of Hyderabad city police act which is for "behaving in an indecent, riotous disorderly manner". It is a petty offence.
I am really worried if this affects my job applications now or in the future and will there be any problem if I want to go abroad like to US, UK, Canada, Australia or Gulf countries.
21st January 2018 From Canada, Montreal
What was the punishment you got?
Depends on that.
Normally punishment is few days jail or finse and/or both.
21st January 2018 From India, Pune
It was not that big issue, one of the shop owners son abused my mother so I got angry and behaved in an Indecent manner. I believe I will just have to pay the fine. Is there any problem on my career?
21st January 2018 From Canada, Montreal
Learn good lesson from your foolish conduct.
Pay the fine and close the affair.
Did police come and register a case?
Should not impact your career unless something more than fine is levied.
Such cases are normally disposed off at police level itself.
So deal carefully and in humble manner to see matter ends with fine only.
21st January 2018 From India, Pune
That guy complained even after asked for forgiveness, I have to go to the court on Wednesday, I dont know if I should plead guilty or fight for the case. I am a CA Final student, not able to concentrate on my studies due to this issue. I really worked hard for my career and don't want my career to be ruined for this small issue.
I have now learned that not to mess with these type of people.
21st January 2018 From Canada, Montreal
Take advice of a local lawyer familiar with such matters.
Probably in such cases, fine is levied and matter closed.
Hope no physical violence was involved.
Be very humble and soberly dressed in the court and be on time and calm.
21st January 2018 From India, Pune
Thank you very much for the advice sir
21st January 2018 From Canada, Montreal
Few employers today bother to do a police verification for new employees except for sensitive installations. So the possibility of this affecting your job prospects is low
However in case of visa applications they check whether the person has any police record. They don’t bother with whether it is serious or petty. They just dismiss the application
21st January 2018 From India, Mumbai
Person concerned is already having visa and is abroad (Montreal) as per post.
21st January 2018 From India, Pune
You need to end-up the case as early as possible. In case you are not present in the city of crime, then appoint an advocate to appear on date or other wise the court may issue warrent in absence. The opponent advocate would try to take advanage of 'your absent' on date on date of hearing. If warrent is issued you will be in big trouble and your opponent would like to take the advantages.
22nd January 2018 From India, Mumbai
You have been charged with breach of Section 70b of the Hyderabad Police Act which reads as follows:
70: Indecent acts in street etc.
Whoever in any street or public place or place of public resort (a) is in such a state of intoxication as not to be able to protect himself, (b) behaves in an indecent, riotous disorderly manner, (c) uses any threatening, insulting or obscene words or gestures, likely to disturb public peace or cause public nuisance, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to eight days or with fine which may extend to fifty rupees.
So you are charged with behaving in an indecent, riotous and disorderly manner and could face imprisonment upto 8 days or with fine extending to Rs. 50/-. The very fact that you are a student and acted on the spur of the moment would reduce considerably the punishment. It would be better to appear on the next date of the case through a proper advocate and the matter could be resolved. As the offence has come on record, for any job in Government,visa/passport there would be police verification and if you suppress the information, this trivial matter could badly boomerang on you. So it is better to admit that you have been prosecuted, bring out the facts and attach a copy of the order of the court. Thus a trivial incident will remain trivial and will not adversely much affect your future.
22nd January 2018 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™