Labour Law & Hr Consultant

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
I am working in Himachal Pradesh one of our employee is ward member of village panchayat. Is said one is eligible to continue his employment with our organization. Seeking your suggestions.

From India, Solon
I don't think that any employee other than a government servant is debarred from contesting elections including that of local bodies. However, if his contract of employment or the service regulations of his organization prohibits such a thing or holding any honorary public office like that of a ward councillor, then he can't do so while in service.
From India, Salem
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™