1. Applicable to all factories (Including Govt) other than seasonal factories which means working less than 7 months in a year.
2. Employees who are drawing upto 15,000 Rupees per month (excluding Overtime Wages) are eligible to become ESI members.
3. All workers including temporary workers are eligible to become member of ESI.
4. if the temporary workers are employed through contractors, if contractor fails to pay the ESI than it is Principal Employer Duty to pay it and deduct it from contractor payment.
1. Applicable to all establishment engaged in a industry specified in Schedule-01 and where 20 or more workmen are employed.
2.PF will be deducted from all members at 12% of the Basic wages and Dearness allowances which limits up to 15,000 Rupees.
3.Employer also pay an equal amount of contribution for respective employees.
3. All workers including temporary workers employed in the schedule 1 industries are eligible to become member of PF & EPS.
I attaching a PPT for your reference
1st December 2015 From India, Chennai
2nd December 2015 From India, Thane
Thanks alot Praveen Kumaran for valuable information.
I would appreciate if you can share me information related to Professional Tax as well. As my company is new I am going to handle entire things. Our company stregnth is 14 executives, should we pay professional tax? and If yes how should I get my company registered and fill PT.
Thanks & Regards,
2nd December 2015 From India, Mumbai
Unlike PF & ESI,Professional Tax is not applicable in all the states as it is a state tax levied by respective State Govt. through Commercial Tax/VAT Deptt or Through Municipal Corporations. Please share which state your company belongs then only other details can be shared.
However you can call me at 9999236926 for more information.
Ashok Kumar Sharma
ACS, LL.B. B.Com
4th December 2015 From India, New Delhi