Harsh Kumar Mehta
Consultant In Labour Laws/hr
Senior Hr -executive
Insolvency N Gst Professional

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hello Seniors,
I am Vinod and i work in a start-up. Our work involves home delivery of the products using company's vehicles.I would like your support on the safety and health of the employees. Please help me on which kind of employee safety do we need?, we have a 8 people's team.
Please help me with the following questions..
1) Do we need to register for ESI?
2) if yes does ESI cover on road injuries while on duty and while using company's vehicle?
your advice is awaited thanks in advance!

1.Sir, I think, your establishment is based in Bangalore/Karnataka and as per provisions of ESI Act, 1948 and rules/regulations framed thereunder, your said establishment will be coverable/covered as a "shop" if it employ or had employed 10 or more persons on any day. By 10 or more persons we mean total employment, which will also include employees/officers of the company getting wages more than coverable wages (i.e. upto and including Rs.15000/ per month). However, after your said establishment is covered, only the employees getting wages upto above coverable limit will be coverable under said Act. I think, the employees/officers getting wages exceeding to coverable limit will be coverable under the Workmen's Compensation Act.

2. Before proceeding for coverage under above Act, please also ensure that the area where your establishment is located falls in implemented area as declared under section 1(3) of said Act. You can get this information/confirmation from nearest Branch Office of ESIC. From Branch Office of ESIC you can also seek other information regarding procedure of coverage including online registeration/obtaining of code number etc.

3. With reference to your question (2), above it is informed that such eventualities i.e. road injuries on duty are covered provided the conditions as laid down under section 51C & other sections of said Act are satisfied.

Dear , My suggestion you go with Employee Group insurance scheme , you can check with National Insurance They have very low level Premium and Easy level access more over Bill claiming.
Provisions of ESI are covered by other members.
I would advice
Group insurance schemes
Proper serviceable vehicles,helmets for two wheelers
Coordinated delivery to every location so as to avoid multiple trips.
Adequate breaks for employees as driving is always strenuous in big cities.
Suggest health checks once in a year for employees used on daily driving duties.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™