Whether the PE has to issue form v to sub contractors as per the request given? - CiteHR
Dy Manager Hr
Sr Executive-hr

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I am working for a construction company and we are the principal employer and now we have engaged a main contractor for carrying out the works.And our main contractor has engaged sub contractors in turn. Kindly advise the following options for issuing form v.

1) whether the PE has to issue form v to sub contractors as per the request given by the main contractor stating he is appointing sub contractors.

2) whether the main contractor can issue form v to the sub contractors.

3) the main contractor has a approved labour strength of 1000, but he has deployed only 600 labourers, whether the remaining strength can be taken in to account for sub contractors for 400 labourers, instead of issuing form v.

4) if so the main contractor has to prepare wage sheets for 1000 labourers and whether we can show statutory complaince part separately for 600 labourers under main contractor and 400 labourers under sub contractor.

1. First you have to understand "Form V" will be issued by PE {Principle Employer} only not by others.
2. Main contractor can't issue "Form V" to their sub contractors {If any case the situation arise, the main contractor has to get it from PE only}
3. In your case Main Contractor already taken License for 1000 persons but deployed only 600 hence remaining 400 nos are available, so there is not necessary to apply LL for sub contractor.
4. Yes. Your point is correct.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™