I retired in 2003 but did not apply for withdrawal benefit.After a long gap I sent a filled-up Form 10c for employer attestion.When I did not receive any communication from EPFO,I made a complaint.Now EPFO said that they had not received Form 10 C from employer.Employer is saying I have to pay an amount after which I will get back more amount.If I am agreeable, they may calculate the amount.Is it fact that I have to pay certain amount to be eligible for lumpsum higher amont from EPFO? Can I ask for corroboration from EPFO? Or I can get my identity and signature verified by Bank Manager etc.as per provision?
From India, Kolkata

Dear Sudhirde Ji,

As you have mentioned that you was retired in 2003, then first question arise here is, what was your service tenure there..?? if your services was less than 9 year and 6 months in that organization, than you may claim through Form- 10C & Form- 19. But, If it is more than 10 years(no doubt, it should be), and your age is also now 58+ (I assumed as you was retired in 2003), then in this case you will have to claim in Form 10D (for pension) & Form 19 (withdrawal of fund).

There is no such provision in EPF, in which the member have to pay some amount and after it (s)he will get back more amount. So, I will suggest you to first confirm from your erstwhile employer that, for what you have to pay this amount..??

If they relates it to EPF, then it is wrong. Or there may be any outstanding of yours' about which they was saying you to submit it for further clearance, and by mistake you are relating it to EPF Withdrawal..!! So, kindly confirm.

For attestation of EPF W/d form, you can also use the second way. You can simply get the Forms attested by your Banker and can be submitted directly to the concern EPFO with supporting documents, as per norms.

Hope this will help you. Cheers.

From India, Delhi
I write for further clarification about the matter.
I joined the organisation on 02/04/1984 and retired on superannuation on 31/01/2003.
I attained the age of 58 on 29/01/2001 which is my birthday.
on the above basis you may calculate my age and superannuation benefits i.e. what benefits I will be entitled to.
Thanks for prompt reply and your suggestion.
I may have more information to disclose which I hope to do next time.
Sudhir de

From India, Kolkata

Dear Sudhirde Ji,

As per the service particulars provided by you, your net service tenure is of 18 years, 9 months, 30 days and you have already attended 58 Years. Which means that you are eligible for claiming pension, if you are a member of EPF from the first day. So, for this you will have to claim in EPF Form- 10D (for pension) & EPF Form- 19 (for fund withdrawal).

For claiming the Pension, you need to apply in EPF Form - 10D.

1. With this form, you will be required to attach the bank a/c proof [copy of passbook/canceled cheque] . For this, you must have an account in the bank, which is designated by EPFO for pension facility. For the details of such bank, you can visit your nearby EPFO.

2. 4 Photographs of your family including you, your spouse and children below age of 25 yrs.

3. Age proof of the member and family, as in the photograph.

4. Any scheme certificate, issued earlier by any EPFO.

All the above documents and form should be attested by your employer, or any gazetted officer.

The form should be submitted in duplicate for home state and triplicate for out-of-state.

For claiming the fund withdrawal, you need to apply in EPF Form - 19.

1. With this form, you will be required to attach the bank a/c proof [copy of passbook / canceled cheque].

Hope the information will be helpful to you.

From India, Delhi
Yes, I agree with Bhuvan Comments. Their is no such option in EPFO to pay some amount additionally and get more pension. If you retired with more then 10 years services you will get pension amount monthly basis. Otherwise you can claim full pension and PF amount at a time...
From India, Madras
I agree with the point mentioned above by Mr. Arya, there should not be any kind of amount payble to employer in this regard, yes after completing the tenure of 10 year of age of 58 year the employee eligible for pension part though filling the 10D form which can be dully attested by govt bank managers & can be submitted to EPF deptt.
From India, Delhi
Dear Sudhirde Ji,

Mr. B carya has given you the prompt advise. Some employee friendly companies contribute more towards the pension fund in the last 12months of employment,because the amount of pension is a function of average contribution in last 12 months of employment. Since you have retired long back I don't know whether the employer will be able to do that. Since it appears that the employer is trying to help you out, please find out from employer as to how he wants to help you.

As regards eligibility of children for pension the age of 25 years is applicable as on date of your retirement and not the current age. Probably you may also have to submit a letter explaining the delay in applying.

Regarding the bank a/c you need to have an a/c in your name( no joint a/c) in any designated bank which will vary with state, but SBI is a designated bank in all states. But when you select a bank please remember that every November you need to go and sign a 'living certificate' at the bank( the bank selected should be convenient for you to do that). You also need to have a/cts in the name of your children if they are now major & copy of pass books of all a/cts & cancelled cheque leaves need to be attached.

As regards your eligibility of pension there is an XL sheet provided in this forum by one Mr iitsridhar.



From India, Thane
In addition to bcarya advice i also quote rather to go for 10c fill form 10d and attest the same from employer and submit the same to epfo. sumit
From India, Ghaziabad
Further to my note on 24/01/2014 ,I am thankful to Mr.Arya and all who have agreed with him and suggested next course of action.I am really delighted to have the information.
Now I like to say that I worked in other Cos. prior to 1984 and was member of EPF but at the time of joining this org, I withdrew full amount of EPF amount.Can I claim any benefit on this score?
I have not heard till now from my Employer about the amount i have to deposit or anything for the matter.Can I fill form 10D and submit to EPF authority?
With profound regards,
Sudhir De

From India, Kolkata
Many State Govts. and Govt. undertakings announce D.A. rise with retrospective effect and pay them in later months and years in instalments.
Also Pay Commision awards are announced with retrospective effects and paid later in monthly instalments.
In case of people who have retired by the time salary raises on a/c of D.A. rise and Pay Commision awards come into effect,the retired persons are paid either in single instalment or in monthly instalments.
As retired people are no longer in employment,P.F. deduction cannot be made from their salary. What happens to Employer's contribution to CPF?

From India, Kolkata

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server