General Manager - Hr
Manger H R And Ir
+1 Other

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
One of the large IT company in India has started a horrible practice.

In offer letter, it is clearly mentioned that 3 month's salary will be paid if company decides to terminate employment.

But the company HR are just calling hundreds of people in friday afternoon and are asking them to write resignation letter in a piece of paper and leave out of the company immediately.

My question is, when the HR calls employees and try to force to write resignation letter in a piece of paper,

What are some good options for the employees to force employer to pay 3 month's compensation as mentioned in offer letter?

What proof shall the employee collect to fight the company legally? If someone is forced to give resignation letter in a piece of paper and asked to leave the company immediately, can the person bring the company to justice?

When one wants to resign voluntarily, the company is recovering 3 month's notice period's salary but when company wants to terminate employees, they are not giving any compensation.

Imagine 5000 people getting laid off without any compensation, that way company saves 25 crores,

and that gets added to profit of the company, is it not cheating and gross violation of employment laws ?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
as per the industrial dispute act 1947 the notice period the company has to pay. it u give resignation by u own the accept and not compensation will not be paid. to think unitedly and do with a legal advise..
Still waiting for answer :( What proof one needs to collect, if company HR calls people and force them to write resignation letter?
Dont't give resignation. let them terminate you. you will legally eligible to get compensation. if you resign, it will be indication that you volentarily left / resigned from service. how hr can force to write. if he is forcing make a complaint to local police station.
M.M. Kulkarni
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™