My son had worked in few companies before he expired in the year 2009. He had not withdrawn his PF amount. However, he was working as a freelancer of a HR Company and no PF contribution was being deducted from his pay. I presume this would be treated as 'death away from service'. In this case, kindly advise me whether his widow and minor child are entitled to family pension and insurance benefits.
From India, Hyderabad
Assistant Manager
Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
+1 Other


Dear Sir Very sad know this. The answer is yes. Please approach your concern PF Regional office, sure they will help in you in this regard. Regards Eswar
From India, Chennai

The widow pension for a salary of Rs. 6500 and above is Rs. 2051 and child pension is Rs. 513. as per Table C. If salary is below 6500, kindly inform so that the corresponding pension amount can be conveyed. Apart from this, nominee is entitled to get EDLI from PF.

From India, Bangalore

Dear Sir,
I am really sorry to know about it. In case you do not get cooperation from the office then fill and RTI (Right to Information ACT) form with details of PF number and pension number of your son and submit in respective PF office where your son is covered.
You can even get your complaint register on EPFO Grievance portal- and contact CPFC-The Central Provident Fund Commissioner
Address: Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,
14, Bhikaiji Cama Place,
New Delhi-110 066
Telephone: 011- 26172671
FAX: 011- 26189910
Thanks & regards
Amardeep Gupta
(M) 09983482821

From India

Dear Friend,
My sincere condoences to the members of your grieved family. As my friend suggested apply in Form 5(IF) to claim the EDLI which upto Rs. 100000/(Max. amout) depending upon the balance in your late son's PF Account.
Ask your daughter-in-law to apply in Form No. 20 for PF claim and Form 10-D for pension. If the child is minor only 1 set of form is enough. If the child is major( above 18 years) you have to submit separate set of Form 10-D. The Forms have to be attested by his ex-employer. Kindly contact the concerned PF office, they will help you and your family.
If you are need of any help, kindly write to us, we will be with you all.
Sr. Manager-HR

From India, Bangalore

R/Sir, may i know how much amount provide by EDLI if the employee basic is 6500 on which p.f is deduct only for two year. with warm regards Rao vikas
From India, Delhi

Dear Mr. Rao,
It is not on your basic salary of RS. 6500/- the EDLI will be paid. If your PF balance, both employers and employees put together, is more than Rs. 50000/- they will pay you min 50,000 and rest 50% of the balance amount (both employer + employeee contribution) to a max of Rs. 1.0 lakh.

From India, Bangalore

Hello Everyone,
While the thread initiator's primary query/concern seems to have been addressed by G.K.Manjunath & others, I don't see any further contribution that I can make.
However, I really can't desist from commenting about the ready responses with personal intervention assurances that came from the members. I think this what makes CiteHR really unique--having seen similar threads earlier.
Frankly, a TRUE example of EMPATHY rather than Sympathy & proof that members don't have just the brains to give very valid & realistic advice but also exhibits their ability of 'thinking thru the heart' when the need arises.
@ Prema Kumari--while joining other members in wishing that your son's soul rests in-peace, you can surely depend on this Forum to give you the much-needed advice/support to mitigate your problems.
Thanks & Rgds,

From India, Hyderabad
Res/ Mr. Abbas.P.S Could you please mention that Pension slab A ,B,C you are talking about . Regards Robin Dhyani
From India, Delhi

Besids, I want to mention that in case of death a member should get 20 times of his average salary on which contribution was made for year in which he expired. That means the legal if his PF has been deducted assumineg on 6500/- p.m. then 20 times i.e. Rs.130000/- should be paid by the PF his/her legal heir. Raj.

From India, Bahadurgarh

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server