few suggestion are here:
- make classification of Cities in to 2-4 class, where your employees use to go.
- you may have the grades of employees, if not then make it.
- analyse earlier bills of hotel, where your emplyees have been stayed. it will help you to decide the accomodation
- earlier expenses may have the fooding bills too, otherwise try to contact hotels/restuarant for deciding fooding expenses.
- make sure, for how meals you want to pay, 3 or 6.
- you can ask to local travel agent, how they reimbruse to their drivers.
hope you will get some idea to work on your policy.
Initially, Analyze your company's travel needs. Examine your employees travel patterns that you may actually make a note of, their reasons of travelling, destination of travel and what providers do you use and then evaluate your answer.
- Decide what class of service you're willing to pay for. Certain employees are entitled to travel in premium classes. Do they need refundable airline tickets for maximum flexibility, or can you get by with nonrefundable tickets, which tend to be much less expensive is what you have to scrutinize.
- Contact the agents like for Travel , Hotel chains and cabs for rental and negotiate discounts for your corporate purposes. (Depending on the volume of the travel you may want to check with the required Travel agents instead of working with all of them).
- Write a document that outlines your corporate travel policy. Make it as short and simple as possible.
- If employees must book their own travel, outline the procedures they should use for booking.
- Expense verges for meals and entertainment, and outline what is and is not permitted.
- Elucidate how and when to submit the Travel expenses sheet and their reports and necessary documents for supporting the expense sheet.
- You may also want to set up level/ designation wise reimbursements (that can be only decided by itting with your management or your manager).
- For drivers, they have some sort of charges named "beta" that would be provided by their owners. Hence keep a rack how to pay the supervisor/ person in-charge for the same.
For more on how to make a policy, I'm hereby attaching a link for you to get knowledge, understand and make the best use of the above.
CiteHR Attribution: https://www.citehr.com/289776-travel-policy.html