Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Energy Sector
Learning & Teaching Fellow (retired)

Dear All,
One of my close relative working in Gujarat Government University. She is working there since July 2009. Few days back administrative officer of university gave her an application form for Contributing Provident Fund (CCF) and said that submit it asap.
She wants to nominate for same from family, but she does not know about this. Who can be nominee for CCF as like father or mother or husband or father-in-law or mother-in-law?
Please help for that.
With regards
Arbind Modi

From India, Ahmadabad
Normally the next of kin is the husband; and in the case of a man the wife. I found some answer about pension namimation.
"as a small aside, often company pension schemes have a named beneficiary for death in service benefit, so it might be a different story for an occupational pension. For example, i can name whomsoever i want to administrate and benefit from my death in service benfit and this might have been the case that the parents were named" at Who is Next of kin?? in The AnswerBank: Family
The rules in India may be different.

From United Kingdom
I am not aware of any different rule in contributory pension/ provident fund rules of your university. But as per Employees Provident Fund Schemes, family for the purpose of pension scheme means spouse and children only. And you are required to nominate others from your own family like father or mother only when you are unmarried. Hope that would be fine for your scheme also.

From India, Kannur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™