READ NOVELS. UNDERSTAND
TAKE A VIDEO AND SEE FOR YOURSELF CORRECT SPELLING PRONUNCIATION
PRESENTATION DELIVERY CLARITY VOICE MODULATION
NOTE NEW WORDS YOU COME ACROSS NOTE THEN DOWN FIND MEANING TRY TO USE THEM REMEMBER THEM
PRACTICE PRACTICE AND PRACTICE
From India, Coimbatore
Follow below steps
1) Read Newspaper everyday loudly - This will help you gain knowledge on new words and improve your pronunciation.
2) Read tongue Twisters - This would help you to your Mother Tongue Influence.
3) Stand before mirror and talk in English on any topic - This would remove your stage fear and your improve your fluency.
4) MOST IMPORTANT - TALK ONLY IN ENGLISH WITH EVERY ONE. let others speak in what ever language but you talk only in English.
I am sure these steps would help you a lot. ALL the best.
From India, Hyderabad
This is Dr.Muralikrishna,Retired Professor of Linguistics. you need to learn the usage of English words. Learn the usages from a book namely PRACTICAL ENGLISH USAGE by MICHAEL SWAN published by OXFORD PRESS.Further you can contact 09952923392.
From India, Mumbai
For anything you do in life, a clear goal /vision, adequate motivation / enthusiasm, hard work / discipline and the ability to take risks/ challenges are critical attributes.
However if you are seeking help in learning English what you require is the
key attributes called 'discipline' and 'enthusiasm' with which you can achieve
anything you want.
Your enthusiasm is the reason you wrote in at Citehr. The next test is to
be disciplined and follow the suggestions given here.
1. My first suggestion is to read as much in English as possible. A
standard daily English Newspaper and the Readers Digest have very good
2. Make more English speaking friends and make a determined effort
to speak only in English, even if you keep forgetting words, or tend
to stammer or your friends tend to laugh at you. This will require a
lot of will power but believe me you will soon improve.
3. I would also suggest you try to learn at least 3 -5 new words
and look up the meaning in a dictionary. then try and use these words
in your daily work and in your communication.
4. If you still feel that professional help is needed then you will
have to attend English speaking classes
5. Finally, if you can, do visit my blogs listed below regularly and try to learn
the new words in it and also be inspired by it. You can click on the
links below for instant access.
www.actspot.wordpress.com - Daily Blog
www.poweract.blogspot.com - Weekly Blog
From India, Mumbai
1. just overcome the inferiority complex that u are not good at spoken or written english.
2. read chandamama amar chitra katha karaddi tales panch tantra series etc for few months . they hv the simplest english to speak and learn
3. read harry potter all 7 volumes
4. if u have any grammar books in ur box BURN them for a year when u ae learning
5. MAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF MISTAKES BOLDLY AND COURAGEOUSLY AND WITH OUT FEAR
BUT SPEAK ENGLISH
dr ram professor
From India, Indore
From India, Ahmadabad
Most of my other freinds have given you the best advice, I would like to add just one more thing.
We face the problem of not being able to talk fluently in english due to one basic reason...when we think in our mother tongue but try and talk in english. You need to practice and think in english to see good results.
Best of luck for all your efforts.
From India, Delhi
one of my trick, if u are finding difficulty to speak with others in english, practice the same in your mobile on off line...................no body will check with you that whether other side anybody is there............but b careful that make it your ring ton to mute or vibration mode.............................................. .....................give me the response of this trick
From India, Bangalore
The first rule of speaking English is to speak clearly, concisely and use simple vocabulary. KISS - keep it short and simple. The value in what you have to say is what you say, not how clever you look or sound when you say it.
English speaking tips
Get over any fear you might have of making mistakes. You will make mistakes.
Be patient with yourself.
Learning any language can be frustrating, but frustration won't help you, so let it go.
Grasp every opportunity you have to speak with people in English.
Talk to friends who are also learning English.
Read short stories out loud and try to see.
Try singing along to English songs.
Use internet to improve English:
Don't get too hung up on trying to sound like a native speaker.
Learn the phonetic alphabet.
List words that have the same sound add to the lists as you learn more words.
Work on one problem sound at a time.
Read slowly concentrating on the pronunciation of particular words.
Pay particular attention to speed and diction above all you can use the beautiful book "Word Power" by Normal Lewis which improves your vocabulary by a great extent.
From India, Bangalore