hi... i joined a organistaion in february and there they made me sighn a bond... that i cnt lv the organistaion for 2 years and if i lv the organistaion before 2 years then i have to pay 2 lakhs Indian Rupees to the organisation... now my question is, is this bond legal in india...? and can the comapny take any legal action if i leave the organistaion vdt paying before the time duartion of the bond ends...??
i am asking this because the wrk cltr thr is very bad and they are exploiting us like anything, and we too are helpless because of the bond... but now i cnt cntnue this way..
please share if u knw anything in this regards...

From India, Delhi

Get Dual Certificates from IIM Shillong and SHRM →
Promoted: IIM Shillong - PG Certification in Human Resource Management (Explore Course)
There is no such bondage labour in India. You can quit the company with notice period. No legal action can be taken against you.
Court will not accept the bond what you have signed. Regarding monetary commitment you need to check carefully while departing from there. You may have to pay in case if they have given any training and training cost you may have repay.
All the best.

From India, Bangalore
Vijay is correct. it is not legal in India.. just check the notice period and terms and condition related to monetary aspect
From India, Haora
Dear Keeth011997, thanks for yr enligtening info on the q. If an emplr does not impart trng eq to so called training cost and just deploys a trainee on job, can it prove the claim if a tr does not pay? What negtv effct may be there if a tr leaves the orgn without paying claimed training cost and joins anthr orgn?
From India, Calcutta
Hi Vineet,
Bond is not legal in India. The employer does this to secure himself. But the employee can always state that the bond was initiated forcibly. Bond does not hold good in the court of law.

From India, Bangalore
Hey Just Chill Out Vineet...
We are no slaves.
Rules are meant to be broken.
Well Jokes apart, You have every right to leave if YOU are not happy.
Look out for a better job. A job of your choice.
And if they ask you to pay... smile n say, NOOOOOOO.
Dr. Srini

From India, Hyderabad
Hi Vineet,
If you have got frustrated in 4 months better to leave the organisation and YES don't pay anything from your pocket. And refuse to allow them to deduct anything from salary. The employer can trouble you by not paying your dues, but in 4 months you will hardly have any dues. Most probably you are under probation so notice period also does not apply. Just as employer won't take you to court for refusing to pay 2 lakhs he also knows that you won't go to court to recover dues, so he will not pay dues. In addition be ready that you won't be getting any work certificate/ relieving letter from them. Also he may bad mouth you in circles known to him and in case your next employer sends for reference check. If you require additional inputs, get in touch at .

From Kenya
Hi Vineet,
You have to say thanks to Srini becz he is correct, if you are not happy with your job and working culture than you can quit and still now no law for bonding the human with unhappy condition.........ok
i am also say same thing, if they ask you to pay........ smile n say...NOOOOOOOOO
Amrish Singh Raghuwanshi

From India, Bhopal
I have worked in senior management position in HR/Admn. in Public sector and Pvt.sector for over 35 years. No employer ever think of going to court as the 'Bond" will not stand the scruitiny in the court of law. However, it is always advisable to leave in a friendly manner to avoid post resignation employment elsewhere.
R K Bhasin

From India, Delhi
Dear Vineet,
No employer can compell you to sign a Bond and if u do singn a Bond in pressure, then in that case as per the Order of Supreme Court of India in one judgement employer is considered as a very powerful person whereas an employee is considered as a very poor person who is employed for the purpose of living. So no Employer can rembuirse from you any kind of money in what-so-ever manner. Do not worry, these are just a formailities which a company carries out while employing a candidate.
If anyone harrasses you just go to any criminal or consumer court and file a case if you are very well financially strong enough.
If u have any kid of problem plz do not hesitate to call me on my cell no on 9819037072 me also working in a company in legal dept and have completed Law.
Love u dear,

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server