Legal Analyst, Hrm
Kuljit Pal Singh
Legal Professional
Harsh Kumar Sharan
Executive Coaching, Ir Specialist, Performance
Admin/ Hr
Raj Kumar Hansdah
Shrm, Od, Hrd, Pms
Autumn Jane
Workplace Happiness
Hr , Personnel & Admin
Compliance Expertise In Labour Laws &
+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear all If any male associate of company misbehaves with a lady associate than what is the procedure to take necessary disciplinary action against the culprit Senoirs please advice.
From India, Delhi
Investigate why & under what cirumstances he misbehaved with her. On official or personal? If you are sure that the male has intentionally misbehaved, issue him show cause notice to adduce explanations. If his explanation is unsatisfactory, you can initiate disciplinary action.
From India, Lucknow
You can take a direct action against him under the employee standing orders .There is specific clause for the same . no need of investigation is required if the report is confirmned with valid & Strong proof of the incident & is reported in writting.

From India
Dear Friend, Misbehaved in what sense???? whether it can be covered under sexual harrassement at work place!!!
From India, Vadodara
Mr.Ajit, We are in democratic country and you can not take out the stick & beat around without conducting formal enquiry and investigation.
From India, Lucknow
Hi Mr. Ponraj,
I agree with you , that is the reason why when the issue is been reported in writting along with a proof then why inquiry is required in the same . you can take action & let the other party contest the same.

From India
kindy take following step,
1) Is the female staff has made a complaint, if not please take complaint
2) on the basis of complaint issue showcause to the concerned male employee
3) inbetween investigate the matter at you end
4) than as soon as employee reply take action as per your investigation & reply of employee take appropriate action (such as warning letter with copy in personnel file if matter is serious suspension etc).

From India, Bhopal
In this connection , it is important to refer Hon' Supreme Court's guidelines which are mandatory for the employers to comply.
1. Sexual harrassment defined as follows:-
a. physical contact and advances,
b. a demand or request for sexual favour,
c.sexually collored remarks,
d. showing pornography,
e. any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
1. Disciplinary action as per service rules,
2. where such conduct amounts an offence under the Indian Penal Code or any other law,
the employer is required to make proper complaint with appropriate authority.
3. Also employer is required to constitute a complaints committe and Complaints Mechanism and also it is the duty of emploers to report to the Authority.

Disguise check from HR, if any complaint registered, by any employee, for any fellow colleague, in terms of misbehaves with a lady associte.
Cross check with given witnessness and other fellow colleagues
Discussion with the management along with presence of victim/ complaintant
If complaint is authenticated, corrective & preventive action should be taken by the management, immediately

From India, Delhi
Have you got any complaint from female associate in writing, if not, take in writing and ask clarification from male employee in writing, if you don't get any satisfactory reply than you can take issue him warning letter not to repeat such with any of employee in future.

From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co