ELigibility For PF - Pf Eligibility - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
What kind of an arrears is it? If it is wages payable in 2015-16 paid now, then you need not pay any interest or damages but if it is an arrears of PF collected in 2015-16 and is paid now, then certainly it will attract interest and damages.
In long term settlements it often happens that the negotiation will take months to come to a conclusion leading to payment of arrears of salary. Since the payment of salary and PF deduction therefrom takes place now, you can pay it along with this month's contribution without any interest and damages.

it is arrear of salary which we paid in December 2018 and challans of arrears are paid in December 2018 as well now separate for each month. now system is showing penal damage and interest for these challans. please suggest in this regard
What you have to do is to include this salary along with the salary paid for December and pay the PF contribution along with the normal contribution due for December. If you show it as arrears of salary paid then the system will take it as delayed payment only.
we have made separate challans for separate months and now system made penal damage and interest against these challans from the arrear month. now please guide what we can do for this. can we appeal for waiver for this. we cannot pay this with salary as these persons have 1800 rs as epf deductions already and total amount of arrears epf comes to 4000 rs as deductions @ 12%. please guide.
The EPF and MP Act has not restricted the contribution to Rs 1800. You can pay PF on any higher amounts. Therefore, there will not be any system error if you add the arrears payable to the salary amount for the month of December and pay contribution on this total amount. Now, having made separate challans, the system will take it as omission of wages and, naturally, will demand interest and damages. therefore, only remedy is to write a letter to the EPFO and ask for a personal hearing in which you can submit the facts and get waiver of interest and damages.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™