1. to recruit and retain the human resources of required quantity and quality.
2. to foresee the employee turnover and make the arrangements for minimizing turnover and filling up of consequent vacancies
3. to meet the needs of the program of expansion, diversification etc.,
4. to foresee the impact of technology on work, existing employees and future human resources requirements
5. to improve the standards skill .knowledge,, ability, discipline etc.,
6. to assess the surplus or shortage of human resources and take measures accordingly.,
7. to maintain congenial industrial relations by maintaining optimum level and structure of human resources;
8. to minimize imbalances caused due to non-availability of human resources of right kind ,right number in right time and right place;
9. to make the best use of its human resources; and
10. to estimate the cost of human resources.
17th August 2012 From India, Mumbai