No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, My company got a new portal for employees' resignation and I have sent resignation mail to my company. Their portal is not working. When I try to contact ITservicedesk then no one sends me a response at the proper time. They want to retain me. Will my mail resignation be acceptable or they may create an issue with this later on. Already 2 months have passed and one month left in the organization.
From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

After submitting a letter of resignation, when you discovered that the HR portal is not working, then you could have taken the printout of your resignation letter and sent it by speed post to the company authorities. If you did not receive any reply, then what follow up did you do to get a valid acknowledgement from the company? Now, if the company says that they did not receive your letter of resignation, then what options do you have?

Belatedly, even now also, send the copy of your resignation by the speed post. However, now send it under a proper covering letter. Write that though the resignation has been submitted two months ago, you are yet to receive any acknowledgement.

By the way, the letter of resignation is always routed through the reporting authority. Do you have any communication with the reporting authority on your resignation? If yes, then attach it along with the covering letter.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
shobhit-kumar-mittal

If the employer communicates with you on Whatsapp, the resignation can be sent on Whatsapp as well. It is now a valid channel for correspondence. - S.K. Mittal 9319956443
From India, Faridabad
KK!HR

A resignation can be sent by mail or uploaded on the site. But it will come into existence only when it comes to the knowledge of the opposite party or else it will remain only as a proposal from your side. Is there any verification that your communication was in the knowledge of the other party. Two months is a long period wherein at some point or the other your resignation has come up for discussion or in the records.
While they would have notified you about the resignation portal, has it been brought to notice of all that the portal is not working and suggested the alternative. In its absence your claim has some substance.
At any rate start corresponding expressing clearly your resignation detail and seek being relieved after three months. You may have to force the issue.
Since the organisation is not interested to leave you, you may reconsider the resignation and find a mutually satisfying solution

From India, Mumbai
legal-ways
In addition to what has been said in the above posts. Pls. remember following to aspects:

1) The means of communication your mobile no./whattsapp no., email ID or correspondence address must either be present in your employment form/application form/cv which you had filled/submitted at the time of your joining the job or must have been communicated during your employment to make the communication valid.
2) The communication shall be routed through proper channel i.e. through your reporting manager as he is the one who has to accept, reject, communicate with you/hr/management regarding your resignation. You can mark a copy of your resignation to HR as well for record purpose.

Now. if they fails to acknowledge your earlier communication then take a screen shot/print scren/printout and attach & communicate using above medium to all concerned. Do not forget to give reference of your earlier intimation.

Adv. NEERAJ AGARWAL
Labour Law Consultants & Advisors
LEGAL WAYS LLP

From India, Lucknow
Anonymous
Yes i have got the communication that all have received my resignation. That's why they wanted to retain me. My only doubt was regarding their portal. If its not working then will they force me to fill that again with new date. But then again my notice period starts with 3 months and 2 months already passed. I have communicated with IT but its hard to get their response on time. As per law mail is valid proof right.
From India, Mumbai
consultme

You would have tried in this manner

1. Tried to apply via self service portal but failed due to service error in the portal
2. Take a screenshot of the error and open a ticket in your helpdesk or mail to HR or IT helpdesk with cc to your Manager
3. Wait for 1-2 days and if no resolution, tender your resignation via Email, to your manager with CC to HR (as per the separation policy in your organization).
4. If the manager is not acknowledging or responding, request, follow up, follow up till you get a response.
5. If no response and you are finding that it is avoidance, print your sent mail and tender your resignation via Speed Post to your Manager / HR (as per the separation policy in your organization).

Please note that no organization can ignore or avoid the resignation request of any employee, indefinitely. Exit from any contract is a right and no party can deny it unconditionally. As far as employee - employer relationship is concerned, mutual trust and respect are required. However like entry, process to exit from an organization is also important.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.