anishris13@gmail.com
Hello Everyone, I am working as an HR and this is my first job and the first experience, I had a query, an employee has asked for leave on the 14th of October and the following day is Dussehra 15th October- National Holiday which falls on Friday, and the next day is Saturday which is again a holiday (as we have 5 days working Schedule). How to consider the CL in this case as the company follows sandwich leaves policy.
From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear <Anishris13@Gmail.Com>,

It appears that while framing a policy on employee leave, you have not defined what is prefix and suffix. Sundays and Closed Holidays can be either prefixes or suffixes.

Any Sunday or Closed Holiday that falls before the leave is called a prefix and if it falls after the leave is called a suffix. Neither you can deduct salary for prefix or suffix nor can it become leave itself.

For the case at hand, 15th, 16th & 17th Oct 2021 will become suffixes.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
KK!HR

It is surprising to find applying for CL a month in advance, this is obverse to the concept of CL as it is meant to deal with emergencies. Notwithstanding the conceptual incongruity, 14th October could be CL followed by 15th to 17th as suffix holidays if the employee returns to duty on 18th October, otherwise all days will be counted.
If the company decides against allowing CL on 14th October, in exigencies of service, leave can be denied. It is a call to be made looking to all the factors

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.