lata-mishra1
Hi, One and all! I want to know how to calculate Bonus in payroll and if it is necessary to provide a bonus to employees? Can anybody share the Excel Sheet For the bonus calculation?
From India, Ernakulam
nanu1953

Dear Lata, First of all any organization is needed to determine the % of bonus as per PB Act based on gross profit, available surplus, allocable surplus, set on and set off. After that the individual employees calculation to be made based on actual Basic & DA, if actual Basic and DA is 7000/- or more then on the basis of minimum wages or 7000/- which ever is higher. Individual will receive bonus amount best on actual number of days work in the year.

Thanks and regards,

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO-USD HR Solutions,

From India, New Delhi
lata-mishra1
Thanks, Bandopadhyay Sir,

I appreciate your help. I understood now how to calculate the bonus. But why do the employees with a high salary also get the annual bonus by the MNCs? Their Basic goes above 21000 . It means they are not eligible for the bonus. Please clarify.

From India, Ernakulam
umakanthan53

Dear Lata,

Not alone the Payment of Bonus Act,1965, the standards of benefits set down by any employment law are the minimum only and the conditions associated with such benefits can be relaxed by an individual employer in the interest of the employees of his organization as a whole. Can we say that the employees exceeding the salary threshold do not contribute to the performance of an industrial establishment? If my memory does not fail me, I was told that IT major TCS was granting maternity leave with full salary for a period of 4 months and reimbursement of the entire hospital fees for delivery when the Maternity Benefit Act 1961 allowed only 12 weeks of maternity leave and Rs.2500/= only as medical bonus. I know that still there are employers who calculate and pay bonus on the gross salary of their employees and pay bonus over and above 8.33% in the name of ex-gratia.

Therefore, conferment of better benefits and privileges to his employees over and above the statutory standards is a matter of discretion of an employer.

From India, Salem
lata-mishra1
Thank you Umakanthan Sir, Your response has clarified my doubts and helped me a lot.
From India, Ernakulam
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.