No Tags Found!

hr-rajkot

Dear sir, I want a mess expense sheet format in excel. So that I can find out how much our day and month cost per person/dish calculate
From India, Rajkot
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Hr-Rajkot,

Have you outsourced the running of the operations of the employee mess (staff cafe) or is your company handling the operations in-house?

The calculation of the expense for the staff cafe is not that difficult. You will have the operating expenses on the following count:

a) Employee cost (which includes staff salary, uniform, statutory payments etc)
b) Food cost
c) Energy cost (which includes electricity and LPG cylinder)
d) Maintenance cost (cleaning the burners of the gas stove and chimneys, sharpening the kitchen tools etc.)
e) Housekeeping and pest control expenses
f) Water charges
g) Payments for the statutory licenses
h) Medical expenses (to conduct periodical medical tests of the staff employed, however, it can be merged with the employee cost as well)
i) Administration expenses (like rent of the premises, maintaining the food store, painting etc)
j) Transportation cost (this is applicable if you have a cargo vehicle to bring the grocery items. It is not recommended to merge it in the admin expenses)

You can record the expenses on the above count and find out the monthly expenses. Find out how many people dined per month, and you can find out the expense per day.

However, bifurcation of the expenses into breakfast and lunch will be a little difficult. If your company provides dinner, then trifurcation of the expenses will also be difficult.

If you wish to go beyond bifurcation or trifurcation of the expenses and find out even the cost per dish, then you may hire the services of the "cost controller". I recommend you so because apportionment of the various costs like food cost, energy cost etc. will require a lot of experiments do. A novice cannot handle this task.

In most of the star hotels, cost controllers are employed, and their job is to calculate the cost of each food item served in the hotel. However, while calculating the cost per food item, you just cannot take into account the operating expenses mentioned above but should consider the inventory carrying cost of the inventory stored in the store also. This will further complicate the job of the cost calculation.

If your staff cafe is big where hundreds of people dine every day, then you may hire the services of a "Cost Accountant" whose qualification is CMA. Their primary job is to do the costing, and they will be able to do the costing methodically.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
soha lal singh
Dear Hr-Rajkot, Hope the attached file will helpful to you, I got this sheet from a helping hand and edited as per my requirement, you can do the same as per your requirement. All the Best...
From India, Rourkela
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xlsx MONTHLY EXPENSES SHEET.xlsx (12.7 KB, 631 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.