No Tags Found!

ananyo-ananyo

If most of the employees in my company are not under my payroll and are only working as associates, what kind of considerations do I must take while framing the HR policy? (Recruitment, Appraisal, Compensation etc.)
Please help me out here.

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

What do you mean by associates?
Can you run an organisation without employees?
can you run a show without paying salary?
If you pay salary to your associates, how can they be different from employees?
If your intention is to avoid statutory contributions like PF, Bonus, Gratuity etc, it will not work, because, it is the nature of work that will decide whether there exists master servant relationship and as such any person hired to do any work should be an employee within the meaning of labour laws irrespective of the designation you give.

From India, Kannur
nanu1953

From the posting what I can assess that very few employees are in Co's payroll and rest are associates i.e. engaged through contractor(s). What Madhu T.K. has been recommended - you have to follow ever thing.
If you run the organization with more no. of associates i.e contractual employees years after year, it is essential to have proper partnership concept to get proper output from them. It will also be essential to have HR policy for them to be implemented through Contractors only.
S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)

From India, New Delhi
ananyo-ananyo

Thanks Mr S K Bandyopadhyay,
You have rightly understood the situation.
Could you please elaborate a little bit more on how should I go about it; as I am not at all experienced in the field but I have to complete this task
I humbly request you to show me the way here :)

From India, Kolkata
Anonymous

I gather that you are asking for the offroll employees who have been hired through a third party agency. Well, in that case, you become the principal employer and it becomes your responsibility to ensure that the agency is complying to all the mandates related to Labour laws. You even need to audit them to ensure that.
But, since you are not the actual/immediate employer, you cannot impose your organization's policy on them. You cannot show direct supervision as an employer. You need to ensure that the required policy is shared to those employees through their respective agency only. Else, you may end up with legal cases wherein these employees start claiming direct employment with your organization.
Rather, I suggest, you include the said HR policies (Recruitment, Appraisal, Compensation etc.) for them in the agreement/amendment to the agreement with the agency or communicate to them separately.
I have pretty good experience of managing these associates/offrolls.
Pls feel free to call me if you need any further guidance.
A. Gaekwad

From India, Bhopal
R.RAJASEKAR

You cannot frame Personal Policy for the employees, those who are not in your roll. Instead draft your company rules and regulations for those employees and get it signed by the External Agencies.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.