No Tags Found!

anxious mother
I am a confirmed and permanent employee in a private unaided school in Mumbai for the past 10 years. I have applied for maternity leave for my first pregnancy only to be told by the HR that the school grants only 90 days paid leave as teachers come under the Labour Act and are not termed as labourers. I want to know if this is a fact and why aren't teachers applicable for Maternity Benefit Bill 2017.
From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

What is Labour Act, I don't know but Maternity Benefits Act is applicable to women employed and not confined only to labourers. After all we all are labour only since we work for a remuneration called wages. Maternity Benefit is available to all employees including teachers of unaided educational institutions who have worked at least for 80 days in 12 months immediately preceding the date of delivery. Since you have 10 years service you will get 26 weeks leave with pay provided you have atleast 80 paid days during the last 12 months just before delivery.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.