avnish-vikram-singh
Hi, I was working in a firm and had to resign as the company had closed the position i was working on and was going through a financial crisis.
Me including several other employees did not receive their salary for 2 months. During the 2nd month i was asked to resign by the company as they were closing the position with my previous 1 month and current month salary unpaid.
They told me they will settle the amount in 45 days and now it has been more than 3 months and they are just postponing it after many calls and exchange of mails.
What can i do in this situation?

From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53

If you were a workman, make a complaint to the local Labor Officer or in case your monthly salary did not exceed Rs.24000/= file a claim before the Deputy Labor Commissioner for the area withinwhich your establishment lies. Alternatively, you may file a claim u/s 33C(1) of the ID Act.
Otherwise, you may have to institute a Civil Suit for recovery and damages for the breach of the contract of employment.

From India, Salem
avnish-vikram-singh
I was not a workman i was working as a video editor my salary was 28k/month. Who do i get in touch with?
From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53

It is a universally accepted fact that it is neither the designation nor the salary which determines the status of one's employment as that of a workman or otherwise. While critically analyzing the definition of the term "workman" u/s 2(s) of the Industrial Disputes Act,1947, if it is clear in the first instance that the nature of the work performed is of manual, unskilled,skilled, technical, operational or clerical, the individual becomes a workman. To my understanding, a video editor just edits the videos taken by the videographers and as such it is purely a technical work. Therefore, no predominant supervisory activity is attached to this post irrespective of the amount of salary paid.
Hence I would suggest that the poster can seek his remedy under the ID Act,1947 as stated earlier by me.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.