Anonymous

Dear sir;
I am working in a company handling the recruiter profile where i have to coordinate with consultant an get the interview done..
For this i have to follow a rigid working pattern of 8 hours on the desk.
hence i want to request my boss (who is owner) that i want to reduce my working hours from 8:30 to 6 hours because in that case i could travel from my home town now i am staying in delhi.
and my home town journey is 2 :30 hours if they allow it would be a great help for me.
Now how could i convince my boss pls advise.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
8-hour schedule per day is common across the industries. 8 hours is the minimum amount of time employee must spend to get a full day salary. Therefore, asking reduction of the working hours would be unjustified.
Secondly, suppose if you are given exemption to come late, others employees will have reasons, as much genuine as you have. How long owner can go on satisfying the requirement?
Lastly, before accepting the employment, you could have been thoughtful of the fact that you would be required to stay away from home or if you stay at home then it would be 2:30 hours for one-way travel.
The only solution available could be to work for half day. However, this would mean under-utilisation of the capacity of the office. How far owner will agree for this requirement that remains to be seen.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

To put it frankly, your request will be difficult for any boss to accept.
Today you are requesting, tomorrow it becomes a precedent for others.
You will have to find a via media to meet job requirements and personal issues.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.