No Tags Found!

Dear Seniors, We have situated our Head Office in SAS Nagar Mohali (Punjab) and by the blessings of God, we are working on PAN India. We are doing food service to the Hospital patients. I want to know that to run a successful business, we require some licenses for the Hyderabad location like -

1. Shop & Commercial Establishment
2. PF Registration
3. ESI Registration
4. Labour Welfare Fund (LWF) license.
5. Professional Tax License

But apart from that, we have the above-mentioned license at our Head Office in Punjab. Now, please suggest to me whether there is any need to take these licenses separately for Hyderabad or Chennai.

Neeraj Kumar

From India, Mohali

If you have separate office in different offices, separate registrations under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act for each office is mandatory. That is even required if you have offices in one state, ie, Punjab. Then the question of not requiring a registration under Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana and Tamil Nadu Shops..... Act does not arise, but you have to get it.

Separate PF registration is not required provided the employees deployed in Hyderabad and Chennai are covered under the HO's PF registration. For the convenience of the employees, you can take subcodes under the PF registration that already has. At the same time, for ESI, it is always good that you should take a sub code for Hyderabad and Chennai. You can take it through online itself. In the absence of subcode for Hyderabad or Chennai, you will have to collect the sickness report from the insured/ employees and deposit the same in the Local office (Mohali) attached to the HO in Punjab. This may even cause delay in getting benefits to your employees. Therefore, it is always advisable that you have separate sub codes for each office all over India. Contributions can be made from the HO itself for each subcode.

Labour Welfare Fund is purely a state enactment. Therefore, there will not be any uniformity among the states. Therefore, you should take separate registration for each state. Since the remittance is online, you can make payments from the HO.

Profession Tax is also state specific. It is to be paid to the local administration where the office is located. Since it is payable once in six months, the branch office in charge may be instructed to take initiative. It is also necessary that separate licences to operate are required from each local administration, Gram Panchayt, Municipality or Corporation where an office is situated.

From India, Kannur

Separate licences under state laws/rules in vogue is necessary. Similarly all other records, registers, periodical Returns etc are also necessary. Pl.go thru' the Acts & Rules of the respective states for compliance.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ģ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.