Can any one tell me the procedure and policies for retrenchment of the employee. Also need to know the Precautions to be taken while doing retrenchment of the employees
Thanks and Regards
16th May 2008 From India, Mumbai

Dy.manager Hr

As per section 25F of the industrial dispute act you have to give a retrenchment compensation for 15 days for every completed year of continuous service. You have to serve one month's notice before retrenchment or pay slary therof to the Workmen. Furhter you have to give a notice in FORM P/Form PA depending on the applicablity of Chaprter VA or Chapter VB of the Act if the Central rules are applicable to u in otherwise cases please refer state rules. IF your firm is a Government undertaking or engaging more than 100 workmen in preceeding 12 months Chapter VB will be applicable. In these circumstances you have to take the approval of the appropriate government for retrenchment. If the retrenched person is already involved in any court case against your corporation, in such circumstaces it is better to take legal opnion.
17th May 2008 From United States
Please login to participate in this discussion. Discuss problems, ideas, solutions with industry peers. Stay up-to-date with what's new and what's happening in the industry. Create Account (No Registration Charges)

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network