Dear friends,
I am in software company i have doubt in fixing up a wage for house keeping employees.
see we have decided to take 2 of our house keeping temporary staff in to our pay roll. Currently we are paying them 2000/- per month.
i have explained them abut all the statutory deduction from thier salary. They are also willing to accept all statutory deduction from the salary.
but i do not want to give them lesser then what they earn now. At the same time i want to take them in our pay roll.
Pls let me know
is there any idea to fix them a pacakge with out any further hike or deduction or suggest me how muach to increase further and take them in to our roll.
Thank and regards

From India, Chandigarh
Hi Gopi,
Before recommending the same, please check the minimum wages applicable to your can get this information from labour office for the following grades unskilled, semi-skilled & Skilled and add the statutory benefits like PF & ESIC which would be deducted..

From India, Pune

Mr. Rajat Joshi is obviously right. Your establishment is/has to be covered under the Shop & Commercial Establishment Act" of the State in which you operate.

Then there is also the Minimum Wages Act . Under this act employment in various schedules (industries) are included for which the State Govet. has fixed and announced "Statutory Minimum Wage (SMW)" for different categories and different regions pointed out by Rajat. The SMW has two components-Minimum Rate of Wage (MRW) and the Special Allowance (SA). While the MRW changes only when the State Govt appointed Minimum Wage reviews the MRW for various industries (generally at a frequency of about 4 to 5 years), the SA changes every six months as it is a variable payment linked to cost of living and is in the nature of a Dearness Allowance.

The law warrants that at no point of time any employer may wages lesser that the stipulated SMW for his schedule, his region and any concerned grade. Therefore the wages you fix for the concerned staff have to be SMW or above at all times!



June 23, 2006

From India, Pune
Dear Gopi K,
In UP the Min wages for house keeping and helper grade is 2715 applicable from 1 april 2006 and you are paying Rs 2000 per month which may create problem. So please check up your state min wages circular. you can get it from labour department.

From India, Delhi
Dear friends, Thank you for ur kind response. i have checked in our state MWAct it is rs66/- perday. and also let me know the break up for this post pls. Thanks and regards Gopi.k
From India, Chandigarh
Dear Friend
AS of u r given the Rate of Minimum wages per day is RS 66 its only the Basic Wages What About D.A ?
Pls check once again D.A. for House Keeping ,
If u chance to get this Book Refer: Rate of Minimum wages By : R.S. Sharma .
with regards

This thread relates to minimum wages even then it is hereby informed that as information available with us we are not to deduct any Labour Welfare Fund Contribution in the State of U. P.
With Regards,

From India, Delhi
please do chec with ur state minimum wages for the current period
maharashtra min wages is 3120 + 1242 = 4362/-, if u are in maharashtra state then u have to pay min 4362 and comply with all legal complainces.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server