Yes. Conveyance allowance is exempted from IT upto a max of Rs.800/- p.m. So you can fix upto Rs.800/-.
I am giving below the practice which I have implemented in my organisation.
1. HRA - Exemptions to be given as per IT act (which you must be aware. Otherwise, I will help you to update). If the employee is paying rent, he has to produce the rent receipt. If the employee is staying in his own house or if he can't product the rent receipt, we can't allow exemption.
2. Conveyance - as given above
3. LTA - Exempted from tax if claimed twice in a block of 4 years, subject to producing valid bills to support the claims.
4. Medical expenes - allowed as per IT Act.
5. Food coupons - fully exempted from IT of FBT upto a certain limit.
4th May 2008 From India, Bangalore
I have question related to the tax exemption.
What is "other Allownce category" in the salary brek up.IS it fully exempted from tax.
My Manager ctc is 7.2Lac pa. & he gets "other Allowances-Driver Salary,Books Purchased & Seminars".
I want to know what all we is included in other allowance & is this is exempted fully?
4th February 2009 From India, Delhi