I am from India. I am an experienced person and joined a new company at a new city in this month. I have signed a Surety Bond of more then 1 Lac Rs. and given a bank cheque against the Bond of 1.5 Years. As per my appointment period my probation period is 1 month only which will end in next 10 days.

I am facing two problems in the company

1. I have suffering from stomach related problem from the day one I changed the city. I consulted to Doctor, as per doctor it happens with approx every person in this city due to water. But after 15 days there is no improvement even more weakness etc problem started.

2. Company Policies are not much appreciable in regards to employee and work environment.

Because I am unable to work so I told HR about the problem and said them that I want to leave the company. They are saying I can not leave, and leaving will be Breach of Bond and I have to pay the complete BOND amount and will not get salary.

- I have the doctor prescription copy and medicine Bills.

- I have mail to HR, In which I mentioned that I am not comfortable and donít want to continue

Can you please guide, In a probation period is the Bond applicable to me? Do I have to pay that much of amount? Can company submit that check in Bank and if dishonored, then make Court Case against me?.

Thanks in Advance

Rakesh Kumar

From India, Jaipur
Dear Rajesh,
The best way is to take a long leave with the support of the doctor prescription for the serious medical unfitness & search another job.
Once you are on the long leave your company can not run the show without any replacement of the post & they will search another candidate for the job.
You should keep prentending that you are not well & request doctor to extend more three month rest. No company can wait for the six months time.... In the meanwhile take all the relevant x-ray, checkup etc & always say that your problem is not solved & it keeps on increasing...
If your company go for the legal action; you can support with the medical unfit certificate to safe guard from the legal issues. No agreement can bound if you are not fit to do the job.
I hope this will help you if you are not interested to continue further in the company.
If you need any further clarification in detail we can talk on the number below.
Take Care!

From India, Visakhapatnam
Thanks for reply. Your Phone Number are not complete. Your way is a soluation which i can adopt but at the same time i can not join anywhere else.
I mainly concerned about leagel steps, company can take againse me.
Ritesh newal

From India, Jaipur
Dear Rakesh,
First thing you should do today Give stop payment to your banker,for the cheque you issued to your company.
Second: Before you leave the company as rameshwar adviced you, put a long medical leave with the help of doctors certificate.
Third: Hand over the the job related things thro a written down way, get it signed by your superiors.
Lastly: You should consult a labour specialised Lawyer from the city where you work now, otherwise frm your home town, thro him send a notice to your employer.
With this bond they can only threaten the employees cannot suceed in the cort of law.
All the best.

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Hi,
Please check your bond, if your bond one side or either side, if your bond only one side then the value of bond is ZERO, if your bond is both side then check how many year bond.
at the same time if your salary is below 10,000/- please consult with ESI docutor and take long leave as bad rest or your salary 10,001/- and above then take a long leave from company through E-maile or registered couriered application.
If not any way of the above then please go through the court because that type of bond is not valid.
if any please contact through mail.

From India, Delhi
i was in haryana govt. job, i resigned after 3.5 year from job , i have completed 2 yr probation period sucessfully. now the dept. is demanding 6 months salary back according to the bond. according to the bond language , three year bond period start or execute after the completion of first two year probation period
means according to them or bond language first two year are of probation and the next three year is bond period, IS IT POSSIBLE or justified , i think bond must start from the very first day of job, PLEASE HELP ME

From India, Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Coô