Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
hello,i am a practioner(doctor),Radiologist ,till last year i was in a govt set up as senior resident doctor and so getting a form16 was not difficult an since march i am doing freelance consultation but i have to file my iT return,although i have savings and pay Rent 0f Rs 4500/month.please help
From India, New Delhi
Sir You need to file ITR 4, because ITR 4 or ITR 4s are for non salaried professionals. ITR 4 is very long and some what complicated, but since you dont fall under presumptive income (since you are a medical professional) so ITR 4s is out of th way so that leaves you with ITR 4. You have to fill only few entries in the form, but that will take some guess work. Savings if in post office or savings bank are eleigible for rs 10,000 deduction under 80 TTA, PF UNDER 80C , and if you dont own a house, then you get 24000 fixed under 80GG. Please research on the net, ask a friend who is a doctor, or buy a book to file under ITR 4. Thanks [email protected] you can even ask me, i will do it for you
From India
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™