IIM Calcutta has been at the forefront of executive education for the last five decades and has been widely acclaimed for the various innovative and customized programs it has introduced over the years based on its state of the art teaching, research and consulting.
Today's managers need applicable knowledge and skills to navigate their organizations through an ever-changing and dynamic global business environment. The 14month Executive Program in Global Business Management is designed to contribute to global management development within the structure and systems of organizational behavior, blending management theory and tools with practical insights and participation.
As an individual grows within an organization it is imperative at each step forward to add-on qualifications & skills that are commensurate with the role he is assigned. Participants will gain new insights from the reality-based case studies. As well as share and develop decision-making techniques with an influential group of peers. The concept of the program is simple and the impact far-reaching.
The Executive Program in Global Business Management is designed to provide managers and professionals with a broad overview of the key concepts, tools and techniques needed to successfully meet the challenges of today's global business environment. Individual courses will give participants the knowledge needed to work cross-functionally within the organization and become more skilled in the basics of business management.
>>Eligibility & Selection
Engineers, Corporate Nominated Employees should be graduates in any discipline
This interactive, hands-on program includes cases, concept sessions, psychometric instruments and analytical exercises. The facility would strive to build prospective among the participants, which are based on solid management research and at the same time help the participants improve their day-to-day functioning. Concept will be explained using example drawn from real life.
Prof. Vidayanand Jha
GO TO TOP
>> Course Structure
Classroom Component: This component forms the core of EPGBM. Spread over 14 months it consists of 14 modules. Faculty from IIMC will take these modules. The IOL component consists of 288 instructional Hours through the Interactive Onsite Learning Mode. The classes will be held twice in a week for three hours each.
Campus Component: The in-campus component/ Physical Interaction is held at the end of the 14 month program. This is a crucial component and the schedule would be intimated to the students in advance making necessary arrangements.
>> Indicative Course Content
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets & Banking
- International Financial Management
- Managerial Economics
- Economic Environment of Business
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AREA
- Quantitative Methods for Decision- Making
- Operations & Production Strategy
- Operations Research
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AREA
- Strategic Management
- International Management
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AREA
- Human Resource Management
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR AREA
- Individual & Group Behaviour in Organizations
- Organization Structure, Design and Change
GENERAL MANAGEMENT AREA
- Business Law
- Project Work
IIM Calcutta shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. The certificate will be awarded directly by IIM Calcutta
All fees to be paid vide DD favouring ‘Hughes Communications India Ltd.’ Payable at New Delhi.
Program fee does not include the cost of the books / course / study material / campus boarding & lodging. Books (recommended by faculty) to be procured by students directly. Incase of course / study material to be supplied by the institute the same needs to be purchased by the students by paying the DD of the declared amount directly in favour of the institute.
GO TO TOP
>> Required Documents with application
1. All academic records (12th std marksheet, Graduation / Post Graduation certificate)
2. Professional records (Experience certificates)
3. Statement of Purpose (In about 200 to 250 words)
4. Visiting cards – 2
5. Passport size photos – 2
The application will be rejected in the absence of any of the above documents.
>> How to Apply
Download the application from the website. Carefully fill it up and with the required documents: send the application along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- favouring “Hughes Communications India Limited” payable at Delhi should reach HCIL at the address mentioned below.
Envelope with the Application Form should be super scribed with 'IIMC - EPGBM' and sent to:
Hughes Communications India Limited,
Plot No.1, Sector 18,
Gurgaon - 122 015
IIMC and HCIL reserve the right to foreclose applications depending upon exhaustion of seats.
>> Important Dates
Application Closure Date : 15th March 2008
List of Selected Candidates Date : 31st March 2008
Last date of 1st installment : 15th April 2008
Program Start Date : Last Week April 2008
- All the forms should reach HCIL Gurgaon by 4 PM on or before the last date of application.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Delay in bank loans etc will be individual's responsibility and no delay will be accepted on this account by HCIL /
- No batch change is allowed under any circumstances and Institute’s decision will be final in this regard.
- Any delay in reaching the forms due to postal or any other reasons will be individual's responsibility
- Above is the net amount payable to HCIL.
- Other rules & regulations are part of the application form and are binding on the student
- Any changes in program dates are subject to the discretion of the Institute and HCIL shall not be held liable for the same. From India, Coimbatore
I am looking for a course in business Management & finance for a duration of 2-3 weeks from IIM.
Please let me know the fee structure and the procedure.
you can contact me -
From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.