I am in a problem. Actually In the Monthly Contribution Challan of Provident Fund Which is Combined Challan of A/c No 1,2,10... i wrongly mentioned the code of the company.
now when i realised that i contacted the provident fund authorities they said that ur money has been transferred to some other account.
Now what is the fstest and easiest way to get the money back to our account because by the talking of the PF deppt. i could understand that they are going to charge some money under the table.
Please advise at the earliest.

From India, Delhi
Hi Rahul,
Pretty bad situation yaar,
1. Contact the PF authorities and find out to which account your money has been deposited.
2. Try to contact the concerned person. If they are ethical enough they may return the money.
Even if you pay some thing under the table, will it guarantee that the money be credited in your account ?
Unfortunately the fault is on your part so try to solve the situation in a amicable way.
+91 97104 24214
B+ve, Always...

From India, Pune
I am not a PF expert but being a finance guy this is what I think is logical to do.

See whether the cheque is cleared from yr bank - usually it takes time for clearance. Else issue a stop payment advice immediately.

Else the following steps :

First step is to find out the organisation corresponding to the number you mentioned.

Contact them and make them aware of the situation. Take an NOC in writing from them mentioning that the cheque no is not theirs and they do not wish to take any credit for the same.

Meanwhile apply to the PF office (remember to take an acknowledgment) mentioning the error and highlighting that the cheque was issued from your company's account.

Submit the NOC obtained from the other organisation to the PF office (always under acknowledgment) either with the above letter or a separate covering letter referring to the original letter.

You may have to visit the PF office, understand how their flow of information is done and which is the exact agency / dept collating payments to respective accounts. You can then submit a copy of all correspondence to them as well for faster turn around.

Be persistant and all the best.

ps: There could be an easier way if you contact a PF consultant.

From India, Mumbai
Thanks for the valuable advices everybody,

I had visited the Authorities today and was able to contact get the name of the organisation whose a/c was credited with the account.

The very good thing happened was they theirselves dont know about all this and at the same time they were also depositing their amounts for the respective months.

Now this information is for allothers facing the same problem.

I forwarded a formal letter to the concerned Authorities mentioning the Details of Challn Amounts My Cheque DEtails with copy of My Bank Statement.

I was asked to contact EDP Department Where They Checked the Duoble Payment Reciept of Other Company for Evry Month. On The application They Mentioned The Refrence No. of Their account Clearance.

Then I was Asked to Contact CAsh Depatment for further proceeding .

At first Cash Department immediately Refuesed to Do Anything Saying Once Money is gone they cant do anything. But money again is big Thing. offered them a small amount under the table which they immiditely started action and Corrected the accounts in Comp.

Now it was turn of concerned Clecrck.

He said no A/c's for the said month Has Alredy been reconciled so can't be done ultimately he also got some reward. and promised to credit the amount in two days.

Hope for the good now.

Thanks Everybody,


From India, Delhi
Great, you seem greatly relieved now!
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Learning from you- we have already started to put preventive controls to double check all numbers on challans before submissions.

From India, Mumbai
Very interesting input. Came across a different issue from a fellow HR professional. Company staff have wrongly allocated PF numbers of left employees to new employees. This was not noticed for many years.When one of the employee submitted application for withdrawing PF accumulation, the error came to the fore.
Can this forum throw some light on how to handle this issue.

From India
Hi Rahul,
Warm greetings!
Having gone through your correspondance I observe the following:
1. The problem you faced is genuine and PF officials seem to have accepted it.
2. It is sad to note that PF officials could do something positive only if there is an 'under the table dealing'
3. If this is the solution other look for then it is all the more grave situation that in our country even to have the correct thing to be done we need to take the wrong route.
4. I wonder how many of us are willing to standup aginst such corrupt govt. officals.
5. I understand that not only you, Rahul, but the entire nation face such difficulty.
Franklyne :(

From India, Coimbatore
I 100% agree to u franklyn. This Type of Situations are real heel for HR People Because if u dont get it corrected u are at fault in the eyes of employer and employees and if u wish to get it corrected u again be a part of victimisation because ur demanding money to pay under the table.
The Only way out in long run is to prevent these kind of situations, Because i dont see in near future any change in the minds or behaviour of Govt. Officials.
Believe me it was just 5 Minutes game for which they exausted my complete two days.
Anyhow i have learnt from my mistake and request all others going through this topic to do so because prevention is the best Medicine.

From India, Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server