Respected Seniors
I need your help to settle whether EPF contribution of Employer will continue when the salary of an employee exceeds Rs. 6500 (basic) by virtue of increment given to him . IS EMPLOYER IS LIABLE TO CONTRIBUTE ITS SHARE. Pl. enlightned me with your knowledge and experience. Shall be greatful.
17th January 2008 From India, Bharat

If you have paid EPF contribution for an employee and if his salary exceeds 6500 after few months by means of increment it doesn't give the option of stopping his EPF contribution. You need to make the EPF contribution for that employee as long as he stays with your company. It doesn't means that you should make EPF contribution for the full salary. It's enough if you make the contribution for Rs.6500/- alone.
Michael Joseph

18th January 2008 From India, Coimbatore
Dear Arun'
Yes, Michael is perfectly on the point. By virtue of the provision
under EPF Act covered employee retain his membership even if his salary exceeds 6500/-and shud not in any condition be an excluded employee. Option is only employer are allowed to stop his contribution upto 6500/-till his service ended to that company.
29th September 2010 From India, Kolhapur
Hi Dear
what about if at the time of appointment the employees basic is paid above the 6500/- do we have to deduct the PF.
we pay as consolidated salary of Rs 15000/- how to work on this. ?
29th September 2010 From India
Dear Raj,
If an employee at the time of appointment getting basic salary more than 6500; then he can be excluded from the ambit of the act,
Secondly, if as per the policy of management if such an employee is offered PF then :
1.Employee contribution can be deducted on total salary fix in basic, V.D.A. OR D.A. FIX D.A. etc. but not on allowances. and further employer contribution, if permitted, can be remitted on the same,
2.Employee contribution on as stated above at 1; but employer contribution be restricted to 6500/-
3.Both contribution can be on 6500/-
Like this u can choose one option from 3 above,Pls. note that if employee is getting consolidated salary then PF shud go on it as per option 1 & 2 so far employee contribution is concern.
30th September 2010 From India, Kolhapur

Discuss problems openly with your peers around the world without getting into company specifics. Access to years of such problem discussion data and business material is at your finger tips. All resources created by our members are available to everyone at no cost.

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network