Reporting to: Chief Operations & Technology Officer
This position will be responsible for management of centralized operations in respect of the Consumer Banking.
The Head Consumer Banking Operations will lead a team to assure services to the Consumer Banking Group within agreed SLAs in a cost efficient manner. The role will carry the responsibility for the following activities:
- Budgeting & Planning for the Consumer Banking Operations Unit including headcount and operating cost management and control;
- Management of liability & investment services operations pan-bank including account opening for CASA, TDs & demat; deliverable management; ATM / Debit card reconciliation; customer service related operations; mail room management; application user management; management and reconciliation of office/control accounts etc.;
- Management of transfer & clearing operations pan-bank including inward / outward clearing and returns management; ECS; EFT; RTGS; management and reconciliation of clearing differences and transactions in other office / control accounts etc.;
- Management of retail asset operations pan-bank including disbursals; PDC storage & processing; loan repayment management; customer servicing; management and reconciliation of control / office accounts etc.;
- Accounts Payable management pan-bank;
- Record Management pan-bank;
- Currency Management at specified locations including set-up and management of currency chests or currency management services units;
- Management of service delivery to the bank's customers through alternate channels like contact centre, internet banking, mobile banking , e-mail etc.
- Process development / improvements and automation of activities managed by the unit;
- Identification, management and control of the operational risk indicators for consumer banking operations;
- Project planning and execution of special projects that may arise from time to time.
Head Consumer Banking Operations will actively interface with the Consumer Banking Group, Process Management & Risk Containment Group, Information Technology Group, Business Assurance Group, Risk Management Group, Human Capital Group etc. for ensuring smooth and efficient processing and to ensure optimum usage of technology
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of relevant experience in managing consumer banking operations in a centralized / regionalized environment, of which at least 2-3 years should be in a leadership role managing 100+ people teams.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills are required with ability to effectively manage changing priorities.
- Must have a process orientation and a sound understanding of banking regulations and practices.
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, growth environment both in a team setting and independently;
- Should have excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Hands-on experience of working in automated environments is required. Specific knowledge on Finacle (from Infosys) and Finnone (from Nucleus) software would be an advantage.
Interested candidates can send their updated CV, along with Current & Expected CTC at or can call +65-9230 4719 for more details.