BEI is nothing but to inview and probing the candidates competency in detail. It helps us to find out attitude of the person towards his / her task. Basically the interviewer pose questions related to situation or scenario from the answers we get, helps us to assess the person.
Describe a time here or in your last organization when you had many projects or assignments due at the same time. What steps did you take to get them all done?
Apart from this you can probe the interviewee in detail to get better idea
These are some examples on probing
1. You explained to us the situation; tell us more about the action you took and the outcome.
2. What did you say at that point?
3. How did you react to that situation?
4. Explain your role in detail?
5. Will you give me an example?
6. Tell me in detail what you did, the steps you took?
1st November 2007 From India, Chennai