No Tags Found!


I am writing to seek your assistance in resolving a problem related to my pension account 25527 I am an ex-employee of Victory Mill, and my name is Mr. Vitthal Balu Salunkhe in victory mill record
(Vithoba Baloo Salunkhe). I worked at the mill from 24/06/1974 to 25/09/1998 and resigned from my position.

After my resignation, the HR person at Victory Mill filled out Form 10D incorrectly and mistakenly mentioned my date of birth as 01/01/1950. As a result, I started receiving my pension four years earlier than expected, and the name printed on my passbook of indan Post office Bank is (V.B. Salunkhe) pension credited in this account.

When UID was implemented in India, I got my Aadhaar card, and I mentioned my correct date of birth as 01/06/1954. However, the EPFO pension department still has my date of birth as 01/01/1950. To get my pension faster, the EPFO asked me to open an account in a nationalized bank, and I linked my Aadhaar card and PAN card with my new bank account.

The problem started when the pension accounts have a different date of birth than my Aadhaar card. Due to this discrepancy, I have not received my pension for the last four years.

I am writing to request your assistance in resolving this issue. Could you please guide me on what steps I should take to correct my date of birth in the EPFO pension department's records? Should I submit a request for correction to UIDAI, or should I approach the EPFO directly?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Mr. Vitthal Balu Salunkhe

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg (477.5 KB, 8 views)


Dear Mr. V.B. Salunkhe,

Correcting DOB as 01/01/1950 with UIDAI is ruled out since they will ask for proof for the same. Hope your other proofs like school marksheet will have the correct DOB only
(01/06/1954). Do you have any proof for wrong DOB? So it would be tough.

I think at Victory Mill they had maintained a wrong DOB of yours right from your joining with them and it is not that just they entered wrong DOB in Form 10D. But by any chance have you submitted PAN card copy at that time of submitting 10D. Not sure.

Have you brought to the knowledge of HR / PF office about early credit of Pension in the very beginning? Probably you might had missed due to lack of knowledge. You cannot be blamed but the negligence of an HR had impact on your pension disbursement.

Now my suggestion for you is to contact the respective PF office with all details including PPO copy and a detailed request letter briefing the discrepancy. This being a complex case it might take much time. They will work out the quantum of early pension recieved and recovery process. You should highlight that for past 4 years you haven't recieved pension which they should take into consideration.

Please keep copy of all documents submitted and don't fail to take acknowledgment in copies. Probably intervention through senior level PF Authorities might speed up the process.

From India, Madras


Alternatively you can check with Eseva centre as to whether you can change your DOB in Aadhar through a Affidavit attested by Notary Public in the absence of any other proof?. I'm not sure about the feasibility of that option. Please check on this as this would be a very easier option.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.