You can introduce many welfare measures based on the approved budget for employee welfare.
Canteen facility ( on subsidized rate basis)
Free Mediclaim insurance for the employee and family of employees
Marriage Gift with paid leave for stipulated time frame
Employee Loan facility
Education loan for employees
PF/ESI/Gratuity/Bonus Statutory benefits.
From India, Madras
nanu1953I hope the organization has good number of contractual employees, For MNCs usually the welfare policy for permanent employees are reasonably good. But in most of the organizations, the contractual employees are exploited.
As a part of CSR, let the charity begins at home by providing good welfare measures for contractual employees. Some examples are as under:-
1. Instead of paying only minimum wages, pay real wages need to fulfill the standard lively hood.
2. Proper Uniform and better Safety measures.
3. Medical and Education subsidy for the Contractual employees' family.
4. Proper Canteen facility for them.
5. Long service award and all statutory benefits to comply properly - PF, ESIC. BONUS, GRATUITY.
My personal experience working with 3 MNCs- GKW, PHILIPS & VESUVIUS, the permanent employees are well taken care but delivering equal or more out put by the contractual employees , they are being exploited years after years.
S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531
USD HR Solutions – To Strive towards excellence with effort and integrity
From India, New Delhi