No Tags Found!

Hello everyone,
I would like to get some advice on how to write an application letter to my company for spouse background transfer request involving a 2 year old child who is suffering because of my long distance work place. Please provide me some examples how to proceed so that it gets accepted.
Thanks in advance

From India, Guwahati
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

The information provided is inadequate. Confirm to us:

a) The place of your duty, the nature of your job, whether it is a government or private job etc.
b) Where do your wife and child reside? Do they stay with you or because of your duties, your residences are different?
c) Is your wife working? If yes, what is the meaning of "background transfer"?
d) Is your workplace located afar? Are your required to commute a long distance every day?


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore


I presume you want transfer to a place (city /town) where your wife is working so that your travel time can be saved right ? Hope your company have branch office at place where you are requesting for transfer.

Please refer the following draft

Dear Sir/Madam or Respected Sir/Madam,

with due respect I beg to submit the following for your kind consider and perusal

As you are aware I have been working with this Company for the past ___ years and have been discharging my duties efficiently as per the directives of my Superior. I am grateful to this Company for providing me such a wonderful opportunity for these many years. Sir currently I stay in_____ which is ___kms distance from our office. Though I was able to manage so for of late facing some personal family issues since I spent most of the time in travel and not able to focus on my family requirement.

Considering the above situation I hereby would like to request you to transfer my services to ____ where my family stay and also my wife is working there. This change in place will enable me to discharge my duties more efficiently and more peace of mind.

I hope my request for transfer will be considered favorably.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

From India, Madras

Whether the job is transferable?
Where you joined and start working is your home town or you took the job at an other location/state as by looking for job opportunity?
If you have been transferred from your home town office to an other location, due to a condition that your job is transferrable and you will be posted at any of their branches? If yes then have you discussed at that time of your being unable to take the transfer but only if you get transfer back to your home branch or to a branch after your marriage?
These are all looked into.
Accordingly you have to give information in the letter requesting for transfer. Many physiological and/or phycological reasons are needed.
But remember that after getting the transfer it is not final as if the job is transferrable as they will not keep you in a location more than a period of years then this will affect you in the future. So be prepared for it.

From Saudi Arabia
Hi , I am a lady and I work is central govt office . I want posting in my hometown with my husband who is psu. I want this so that it helps my child future in schooling.
From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.