I joined a company in July 2022, As per the offer letter 3 month stated as probation period. After 3 month they will give me letter of permanent. So i resigned from the firm within probation. As per probation, 1 month notice period or in lieu of salary but they added 2 lines " which the management may accept or deny depending upon the criticality of the work". They were forcing me to serve one more month as a notice, Which is almost 2 month. I served one month & 8 days notice period as per my resignation.

HR denied everything & not accepted my last day of working. After almost 1 week he sent me a mail that you have been terminated from the work because of non serious attitude. In my last 5-6 email after my resignation I clearly updated HR that after certain date it will be not possible for me to continue the work but non of my request was accepted. Now my dues & relieving letter have not been cleared by the company. Please suggest what to do next.

From India, Rohtak
Partner - Risk Management
Management Consultancy

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


It looks like you can only continually follow up for both the F& F settlement and relieving order. Having fulfilled the conditions of the appointment, these cannot be denied. You can threaten them with legal proceedings. You can approach the Labour Officer of the area and seek his intervention. If every other effort fails, approach the Human Rights Communication in your state. Continually pester them till you receive them, not so easy a task, but there appears no other way
From India, Mumbai

the organisation does not seem to be professional in its approach.
You have worked for them less than 3 months, so I doubt if their relieving letter will make much of a difference to you. Keep copies of your emails for reference and show it to the new employers when you join to show you were not in the wrong.

As for pending salary, you can file a complaint with the labour commissioner as it is a validation of Payment of Wages Act and probably factory act / Shop & Establishment acts.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server