I worked at L&T for 9 years and later I needed to leave the company immediately without serving a notice period. They blocked all my finances and terminated me due to absconding.
Am I eligible for gratuity money, if yes what is the procedure to get it?

From India, Ludhiana
International Corporate Trainer / Hr (od)
Civil Engineer

Yes dear you are eligible for gratuity money, and about absconding, it doesn't imply on you as you served them for long years.

The rules state that when an employee is eligible to get gratuity, the individual needs to apply within a matter of 30 days from the date it becomes payable.

According to the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972, an employee is entitled to receive 15 days of salary as gratuity in every year of his service. As part of gratuity for an employee's every year of service, the organization will have to pay an amount which is equivalent to 15 days of his salary which he has last drawn

From India

It is a matter of regret that these days, people leave the organisation just like that. They are not bothered about the after-effects of abandoning or leaving abruptly. Now, you are asking for gratuity suddenly. Why they blocked all your dues ? How many assignments, tasks and responsibilities given to you have been left behind abruptly ? Did you consider the impact of your deserting the company, on their commitment to their customers ? Once you needed money badly you remembered about the company that you abandoned !
From India

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server