Hi All, Can anyone share the Travel policy, Since 5-6 employees are moving to the USA from my company to support the client and my organization needs Travel Policy to be shared with them by our HR department. Looking forward and thanks in advance.


From India, Ahmedabad
Partner - Risk Management
Sr.manager - Hr&admin



It depends on the Organisation and nature of facilities provided at the deputed location. Normally the Company has to take care of the Mediclaim, Flight travel & accommodation part.

Food, travel expenses to be taken care by the employees. In some Companies Client will provide cab support. Depends on it, daily allowance of $ 50 to $75 may be paid to employees to take care of their needs which is very minimum. But all the same the city where they are to be deputed is also counts. Cities like New York cost of living will be more and hence $100 may be good. Allowance can be loaded through forex card. For every withdrawal through forex card at abroad cash withdrawal fee will be levied separately which employee has to manage.

In addition to the above their monthly salary to be credited to their Indian bank account as usual.

From India, Madras
Hi Lakshminarayanan, Thanks for your valuable reply. Regards, Shashikant.
From India, Ahmedabad

The Subject is of Insurance for Medical and Accident while abroad.
This is called Foreign Travel Policy.....extended words and coverage please visit a Insurance Company and Read the terms and conditions. Do Not buy online Policy- It is a cheating neither you are given full details to read and what are the facilities available. Also do not entertain Mobile Agents just quote the Premium. They doesn't know the subject but only interested to get business but not on the clients interest.
Now these policies are Issued to Foreign Travel people on holiday etc. The purpose is to be mentioned.
They have a sector like US and other countries, UK and other Countries, and like wise each group countries are there.
Now you have to select the country/countries they are going to be.
No of days of their travel and remain in Foreign Land.
What are the coverage you need. Mostly Sickness, Medical and Hospitalization, ask about general sickness available or not. Just like they are sick with Head ache, pain or other human related issues.
Mainly there is unfortunate and unexpected things about accident while abroad. Finally God save but repatriation of .............. to India in an unfortunate event.
Check with an Insurance Development Officer and seek the terms and conditions and benefits available and Do and Don't etc.
You will have to give the probable date of their Travel. But in general as the Visa will be issued only after seeing the Insurance, they give an open Insurance Coverage but the effective date will cover on the submission intimation by the company to Insurer about the Applicants Insured Name, age, Passport No. and other relevant details, including the Nominee under the policy for each employee.
As the Company is taking the policy they are the people to certify the Nominee as provided by the Staff. Please get it writing from the Employee, married means wife is the sole claimant, If not married then he should mention parents parent and blood relation as a Nominee.

From Saudi Arabia

are you talking of the policy of the company with regard to what expense will be allowed when travelling? Or are you asking about insurance policy?
From India, Mumbai

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server