Hello Experts, I am currently residing in USA. In 2010 I worked for an Indian MNC. Now as I requested a reference letter they are asking for an Indemnity Bond which should be signed by me and authorized by the Indian Notary public in a 20rs stamp paper.

Please advise on how to do it as I am not in India.

From United States, Irving
Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Kalps,

Is it that the MNC is your ex-company and you have changed your job and as a part of the background verification, a reference check is being made? Is my understanding correct?

However, for reference check why a company is asking for an "Indemnity Bond" is not understood. The definition of indemnity is protection against future loss or legal exemption from liability for damages. By providing a reference to your current/future company what your past company will incur loss? By providing a reference what damage your past will incur so that they want a legal cover against the damage?

Suppose a company is taking their employees to a resort for some event. If the company seeks a letter of indemnity from the employees then it is understandable. But your case is different.

Please clarify the context of the indemnity bond.


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server