Hi, I want to if I am eligible for gratuity as I worked in the company from 16th December 216 to 29th June 2019 with one employee ID. After that my contract ended by mistake through confusion with some other employee but the company realized their mistake and I again joined the company on 30th June 2019, the next day and worked till 30th July 2022 with another employee ID. So, I have two different employee IDs and PF numbers but worked for same company from 16th December 2016 to 30th July 2022, for more than 5 years. Should I get the gratuity money or not?
From India, Hyderabad
Sr.manager - Hr&admin
Labour Law Advisor And Legal Consultant

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.



As it is the mistake of the Employer, you can request the HR to issue a letter confirming the service continuity for the purpose of Gratuity. You can request for Gratuity as there is no break-in-service.

From India, Madras

Yes, you are eligible as it is a mistake from employer side and you have not asked then to reissue new emp. code. Moreover, in case if an employer transfers an employee from one group company to other than also that employee is eligible.
From India, New Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server