There is a conflict between the amount deposited and the form16 amount. I was not paid for my last month, but it was recorded in form16. Because of this, I had to pay more taxes. Can someone help me with how to resolve this issue? I mailed my company's representative but haven't got any response.
From Canada, Ottawa
Partner - Risk Management
Software Engineer

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Its simple
You just file for the actual work you have done and got paid for
Reduce the "Claimed" part of the TDS and ignore the extra. As long as you don't try to claim the TDS for it, you will not be affected

From India, Mumbai
@Saswatabanerjee thanks for the response. But the same is reflected in 26as.
Form16 and 26as has excess amount. Can I submit itr for less amount? Will I be fined for not paying taxes on that excess amount.
Thank you.

From Canada, Ottawa

You can submit your return with less income and TDS than shown in 26AS
It is likely your return will be flagged for assessment (investigation) and you will get a notice from the department.
you need to explain it properly.

Since it is likely to cause a problem and the company is not making the correction, you suggest you take the help of a good CA to file your return. If you are capable of answering the notice from Income Tax on your own (as I am), then file the return on your own (BTW, the last date without penalty is already over)

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server