Hi, My previous employer has sent me a formal email to pay back the bond breakage amount which amounts to 70k. (After approx 3months of exiting).

I had the joining of Jan 2021, and LWD of 28 Apr 2022, I received the mail today on (22 jul 2022).

Is there any way to work around the situation, kindly respond?

Thank you.

From India, Lucknow
Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Management Consultancy

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.

Dinesh Divekar

Dear NK Ramachandran,

You have written, "my previous employee has sent me a formal email..." Probably it was a typo. You meant "employer" and not "employee".

Anyway, you have not mentioned the terms and conditions of separation mentioned in the appointment letter. What are those? Unless we know that, we cannot comment on it.


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

Prima facie, the admitted position is that you breached the service agreement and the previous employer is demanding Rs. 70 K as compensation for not serving the notice period. Legally, there is not much scope to defend your position.
If you have served any part of the notice period, the compensation amount has to come down accordingly. So the claim is limited to the proportionate amount corresponding to the unserved bond period.

In such matters, the better course is to negotiate with the employer and arrive at a mutually satisfying solution.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server