No Tags Found!


There is a FIR against a workman lodged by an outsider on charges of not repaying Rs. 200,000 since years.
Based on FIR, can we terminate the accused from the service.
We have verified in the Standing Order but did not find any clause in the misconduct.
The accused never committed any misconduct in our factory.

Can our esteemed readers help us with the applicable legal action against the accused, if termination is not applicable?

From India, Bangalore
Sr. Hr Manager
Management Consultancy
+1 Other


Please try to get a copy of FIR and make available with you.

As the workman concerned never committed any misconduct iin the factory as per your post -
this fact attracts weight-age with regard to his discipline in the workplace. So it is advisable
to summon him and tell him to settle the issue amicably with the outsider concerned.

What is his length of service with your company?

From India, Aizawl

Thanks Radhakrishnan Sir for your prompt educative reply. The length of service of the accused is 16 years without any misconduct.
From India, Bangalore

The employer has no authority to take action on the basis of a criminal complaint made against an employee which has no rational connection with the employment. This is the position from the very famous Glaxo case onwards. This is only a criminal complaint for cheque bounce as per Negotiable Instruments Act 1881 and there is no allegation of any moral turpitude. So you are better advised to await the outcome of the criminal case and thereafter decide the course of action based on it.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.