Dear sir/Madam, Recently I changed my Job from Engineering college to the software industry.
for documents verification & last employment proof, my current company want an Appointment letter from my last organization (i.e.from Engineering college)
but they are not giving me an appointment letter, they just saying that will give you but almost 4 months gone i have still not gotten my appointment letter.
now I have decided to complain to AICTE or the university.
so can you tell me what is the process of that or whom to contact for that?

From India, Nagpur
Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Partner - Risk Management

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Your issue seems to be like this:
You were working in a college and you left that profession and joined a company as software Engineer. The old employer has not issued an appointment order to you. But you have your relieving order with you. Also you have pay slips reflecting your salary drawn. You can also get form 16 in respect of income tax deducted at source. Now we have EPF details available online which will show the date of exit from the previous company. Forget about this one if that college was aided by government and was having provident fund of the government.

Are these documents sufficient for the new employer? What is the significance of an appointment order? Anybody can hold an appointment order but that does not mean that he was employed in that organisation. After getting an appointment order, you can decline to join the company or after joining you can leave the company. On leaving the company, the company will not take the appointment order back from you. It will be with you only. That does not mean that you have worked in that company. Here what is important is the service certificate/ relieving order which certifies that you have worked during a particular period in the role specified therein.

Now show your new employer the relieving order, Form 16, last month pay slip etc and complete the process. Genuine HR persons will accept these documents.

From India, Kannur

I do not think either the AICTE nor the university is the forum for resolving disputes between employer and employee.
However, there may be a dispute resolution forum at the University that you can approach and try your luck.

In alternate, you can approach the labour commissioner of the area and ask for his help. You have not given details of your employment so I man to sure how helpful he will be.

Otherwise, as Madhu-ji explained, there are other ways to prove that you have worked there.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server