Moksha Shah
Hello Experts,
Are women employees exempt from professional tax if they have salary of 10000/- per month with no other incentives under Maharashtra Professional Tax?

If yes, can the female employee reimburse the previous deductions made by the employer?

From India, Pune

Professional tax for women in Maharashtra is only after their salary reached 10k a month.
Yes, she can ask for the refund of wrongly deducted PT.
However, there is a limit (I think 3 months) to ask for it. She should have been proactive and checked her deductions.
At least ensure that the employer does not deduct it in future.

We have had cases where the employer agreed to refund the PT wrongly deducted for a year. So if your management acknowledges their mistake they are likely to pay it back as it is a small amount for them.

From India, Mumbai

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server