One employees P.F.Join date is 01.01.2013 working till date , but in between this he absent for two years . Is he is eligible for pension?
From India, Kolhapur
Freelancer In Hr &indirect Taxes For
Doctor Siva Global Hr
Management Consultancy


Dear Colleague,

To become eligible for Employees' Pension, the member has to complete 10 years of contributory membership under EPS as per the provisions of Employees Provident Fund and MP Act. If you transfer your previous accumulations to your current EPF Account under UAN then your service will be counted for Pension calculation and eligibility. If you had closed your previous PF accounts, then it is not possible to continue and count the past service. Please check on this. If not closed, then ensure that you are transferring the accumulations under PF / EPS to the current UAN/ PF A/c Number. Then see whether you had done 10 years of service. If 10 years is arrived or as and when you complete 10 years of service, you will become eligible for EPS.

From India, Chennai
Thank you for the valuable guidance. But the employee working in the same company and his pf contribution is skipped for two years.
From India, Kolhapur

You mentioned in the post that the employee was absent,later you said his epf contriution was skipped. Hence if he was absent,and not employed anywhere it means he will not be eligible,But if his contributions are skipped by employer inspite of being on job then its the lapse on employer part.
From India, Vadodara

9. Determination of eligible service. The eligible service shall be determined as follows :

(a) In the case of "new entrant" the "contributory service" shall be treated as eligible service. The
total contributory service shall be rounded off to the nearest year. The fraction of service for six
months or more shall be treated as one year and the service less than six months shall be ignored.
Explanation. - In the case of employees employed seasonally any establishment the period of
"contributory service'' in any year, notwithstanding that such service is less than a year shall be
treated as a full year.
(b) In the case of the "existing member" the aggregate of contributory service and the 'past service'
shall be treated as eligible service.
Provided that if there is any period in the "past service" for which the contributions towards the
Family Pension Scheme, 1971 has not been received, the said period shall count as eligible
service only if the contribut1ons thereof have been received in the Employees' Pension Fund.
Explanation. - For the purpose of this sub-paragraph, the aggregate of contributory service and past
service for less than six months shall be ignored and six months and above shall be rounded to a

From India, Vadodara

Reckoned from 01.01.13 the employee has completed the eligibility period of 10 years service. Pension is calculated using the formula = (Service Period x Pensionable Salary)/70. Pensionable salary is the average of the last drawn salary.
From India, Mumbai
one employee getting both pension .i.e. from old company service and new company service in the past. But now the pension had been stopped by the p.f. office. Please suggest what to do?
From India, Kolhapur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server